Nuffnang

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Scam City, Locked up Abroad & Masterchef!

Today I'm gonna talk about my new favourite shows!

As you all know for the one month in Cambodia, I only watch 6 channels in total: HBO, Fox movie premium, Cinemax , Starworld, Discovery & Nat Geo. So one fateful Tuesday, I was watching Nat Geo & this started showing at 9pm. 9pm was the time I usually have my bath before hopping onto bed but I delayed an hr for this.


Scam City


 


I've seen the advertisement play lots of time & I think it's interesting! Hosted by Conor Woodman, he brings us across the world's most popular cities to expose the dark side of tourism. There's taxi drivers switching your note for a counterfeit, "black widows", ladies on the street trying to pickpocket your money etc.

Actually I was hoping to see an episode on BKK (which most of us can recall/relate to) but not yet. My favourite episode must be the Prague one. I like how he exposes the scammers & how they deny but it's all cleverly captured on a hidden button camera!







Locked up Abroad


And then right after that at 10pm (Cambodia time. In SG it's 11pm) is Locked Up Abroad. Yes I delayed my shower again.

Locked Up Abroad is about people who were....... well locked up abroad!! They can be people who smuggled drugs to earn easy money, unsuspecting travellers who were kidnapped, or just vacationers on a fun-filled holiday only to end up in situations beyond their worst nightmares. This week's episode is Busted in Bangkok, where a foreigner tried to smuggle heroin into the country.


This show is VERY VERY engaging because even though it's a documentary series, it shows cuts of the victim reenacting their experiences & reconstructed footage of their stories. I LOVE this show & I really hate to miss one episode. Sometimes it's so grueling it will bring tears to your eyes. But I like how it always end with a good ending :)


My fav is the 1st I watched, about a couple in Egypt who adopted a baby. But no formal documents were signed so they were eventually charged w kidnapped & the poor mother had to be separated from her beloved child & thrown into jail.





The first thing I reach home (on a Monday) was to check if I have this channel at home. And I do! I was so happy hahaha. From then on I've been watching alot more documentary shows & infotainment on channels I never used to watch. Like Ancient Aliens on History, Biography channel, BBC knowledge, Street food around the world & many more. I'm really abit too curious about everything :/




Masterchef


Ok this one needs no introduction. I've known of this show for quite some time but I dunno why I refused to watch it! Even in Cambodia when it shows on Starworld I'll avoid watching. One day there's really nothing to watch, so I let this play in the background. And..... I'm hooked.





Of course my favourite is Gordon Ramsay! I forgot since when I started liking Gordon Ramsay but I really love his shows! (I've been to one of his restaurants in London & it was a starstruck moment for me!!) There was one period I was obsessed with Hell's Kitchen. I love the way he curse & scold the contestants hahahaha! I think that's when it started.


Whenever I see Gordon Ramsay while scrolling through the channels on tv I'll stop right there. There was one night on BBC, I forgot the title... Gordon Ramsay something. The episode was about India, he was cooking for the high & mighty alongside a renowned indian chef. 21 chefs for 20 guests or something. That made me want to go to India!


Oh right what am I talking about. Back to Masterchef. I started watching Season 3, & then now I'm on season 1. There's ONLY 3 seasons wth!





I think I know why I refused to watch. Cos I don't want it to end. Just like how I refused to read my Twilight breaking dawn bought 5 yrs ago. By the way the movie ending was so so so touching & beautiful :'(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails