Nuffnang

Monday, March 7, 2011

Bali: Around the Villa

Since so many of you asked, I decided not to be selfish and share with you the name of my villa.


When I stumbled upon this villa in Asiarooms, I couldn't believe how affordable it is per night. I mean, for a villa this awesome? Prior to the trip, I already had a dream villa in mind. That, was heaven. But wayyyyy too expensive for $1k per night, PER villa. Meaning if we were to stay there, it'd cost us about $2k PER NIGHT. Hence I decided to leave that for when I travel with my boyfriend. Photobucket


I'd already done a video here, so if you'd seen it already, you might want to skip this entry, although this is a much more detailed one.






The staff are all REALLY friendly & helpful!! Recommending us places to eat, how to walk around the area etc. I know it's kinda like their job, but in Bali you can sense it... the sincerity & warmth of these Balinese, totally not like our ugly Singaporeans (although you meet good people once in a blue moon too).


One night, I didn't want to sleep, so I came out to borrow DVDs. While browsing, I chatted with the staff on duty that night. It was so easy to chat with him. Then I asked him about the famous Ku De Ta. That evoked a strong reaction from him... saying it is very overpriced. A dinner for 4 could costs him his monthly salary, which is about Rp 3,000,000. Then he talked about his gf, & how he lived near here so he could save on transportation, his training in SG & how costly it is over here.











The concept of The Seiryu is to unite couples. The word SEIRYU contains 2 meanings, SEI is to bind people, & RYU is the Dragon, which in Japan symbolises the story of the couple Dom.


Outside the property, they have these lights & stones as decoration. I'll tell you why so in a minute.






When we checked in, it was in the afternoon. So the sweltering hot weather from the Bali sun and roads made us wanna check into our haven fast. Indeed, inside, it was TOTALLY like you're in another world. You feel like, it's almost impossible this heavenly place is built on the same undeveloped roads.






The experience starts when you walk through this door. And then you'll be greeted by soothing music & aroma.

The Buddha statue gives you a very Zen feel right? That's the feel you get throughout the villa.









See the Dragon made up of flowers on the wall? Because this villa is called 静龙. Dragons are an evocative symbol of artistic, intellectual and spiritual progression. From the brochure I read, you can see 40 Dragon images/silhouette throughout the villa. The stones & lights outside make 1, the thick glass behind the reception make another 1.


































Can you see the images of dragon in the form of shadowgraph puppetry? It's the effect of shadow and light creating a look of dragons dancing, which expresses the happiest age of life. This stage of the dragon is called "Sujyaku"







Then you walk through this longgggg walkway with lights lit, and total isolation from the outside. What you can hear is only the music and aroma surrounding your senses.


In essence, the property is built with the concept of  
Zen + Japanese






Btw there are only 8 villas in total. We had the A-3, my parents had the A-2 (IMO mine is more romantic than theirs).






Look! My daybed & patio umbrella is red! Sexy colour, my favourite too! Unlike my parent's dull green.




The gazebo is my favourite part of the whole villa.








Their 8 villlas are designed according to the four seasons- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.


Ours is the Spring theme with orangy ceiling lights, more romantic compared to my parent's bright lights. They should've taken this room!












Shiokness! 











Heheh, I never leave the country without my starstar Photobucket







Can you imagine how comfy is it to be holed up in this spacious, freezing room... complete with all basic necessities? Having a tv to watch, hundreds of DVDs to borrow if that's not enough, a pool to take a dip if you feel like it, breakfast served to your villa everyday, room service to order at any hour, or a fully equipped kitchen to cook in! 



I could really get used to a life like this! How nice would it be if this is my house. I mean, who would mind coming home to a residence like this right? I just need my laptop... & I would never leave home.












Have I mentioned that they have shuttle bus service to the nearby beach? I forgot if it's the very near Kuta beach, or Seminyak beach 30-min walk away. Aiya just go to their website for more information. The music you hear in the web page is the soothing music played throughout the villa Photobucket


Now, let's move on to the more intimate areas. You'd think that a toilet is a toilet right? But no. The toilet, basin & bathtub/shower are all compartmentalized. You have to watch the video to understand what I mean.















The toiletries Seiryu provides all uses premium stuff. You can see how much effort they put in decoration and packaging.


Guess what, even the DISPOSABLE toothbrush set they provide uses Oral B & Pepsodent. (I took both sets home Photobucket BUT I LEFT THE OTHER THINGS THERE OKAY!) Most 5 star hotels even in Singapore just give you a small tube of shitty toothpaste, & a toothbrush which chances are, is too small for adult teeth.











This is the washing area, & behold! What you're going to see next is...












a door which leads STRAIGHT INTO the pool! Photobucket


Just so you can head to the shower immediately after a dip. You can swim naked in your private pool without anybody giving a hoot. Well, doesn't this sounds cool? Perfect for couples whom after some splashing around, decided to... huh, get kinky in the bath Photobucket







Wanted to post this bikini photo up when I thought of the photo-doctoring accidents (with an S!), so I thought it'd be better to put a watermark. Guess it really got to me.








That's mum swimming in my pool (looking as happy as a lark!) cos like me, she's a huge camwhore. I had to photograph her posing around cos Dad wouldn't have the patience.









Bath salt! Ahhhh what a relaxing afternoon, swimming a few 'laps' & then soaking myself in the foamy bath exfoliating myself with bath salt.



Yes you see that correctly, it IS a jacuzzi bathtub.










My BIG head popping out.




Hahaha I made a mess of the whole place cos I didn't know how to operate the jacuzzi. And while the bathtub is already filled with water & bubbles, I tentatively pressed a button & the whole thing just went into a frenzy! It was spinning & splashing foamy water in all directions but I didn't know how to off it!


I don't like it! Photobucket I prefer a clean, neat bath. Scroll down to see the aftermath of my poking around.









If you really wanna know, my sister took this photo & I'm wearing a bikini underneath all that foam Photobucket






What's better than a steamy cup of coffee after a refreshing bath?











I'll resume my Bali travelogue after this.



Signing off here, 
Later!Photobucket

4 comments:

Bali Villas said...

Awesome post.

2 Bedrooms villa in canggu said...

Nice

The Seiryu Villas said...

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for this great post.
We will let all of our team read this.
Also we will post this to our facebook and twitter.

Can't wait to your next visit

Good bless you (^_^)

Exotiq Bali Villas said...

Beautiful Post..

Related Posts with Thumbnails