Nuffnang

Friday, March 18, 2011

Mrs Tan's birthday

Was having dinner chatting with my family around the table just now when my cousin told everyone how I talked in my dreams. I was stunned!! I know I do dream A LOT (almost everyday), my dreams are all very dramatic & senseless. In fact, I always laughed at my little cousin for spouting gibberish in his dreams, I'm so proud that I'd never talked in my dreams my whole life!


Imagine how unacceptable it is when I'm now the subject of laughter. Must be because I'm too well-fed at granny's. Everyday eat, sleep, eat, sleep~ Photobucket


 



Speaking of dinner, we had western food today! Grandma cooked non-stop cos the moment the food were ready, they were all scooped away. We ate faster than she can cook!



Went to the supermarket last night with my aunt to buy all these, plus other groceries household stuffs, all amounting to $380! My cousin teased his mum saying, "Mummy, we're not in Japan leh"  Photobucket I go to the supermarket with my aunt on average once a week. Monthly expenses on food beverages are huge cos we have family gatherings fortnightly, plus some cousins aunt stay there frequently.



I had a shock the other day when the delivery guy came to unload boxes of soft drinks, stout & beer, amounting to not less than $600. Because my grandma had to drink 3 cans of stout every night, watching tv with her made me gradually start to drink a Heineken every night too! Photobucket











Look at the cute children plates! Very old school right? Pork chop, chicken chop, lamb chop, fish & chips, wedges, hot dogs.... YUMMY! (btw I prefer cheese sausages much more to cheese hotdogs. There is a difference okay! Some brands put cheese sausages on the label but they're actually hotdogs, made me so angry whenever I try a new brand!)



My cute grandma





_____________________________________________________________________



This Tuesday was the birthday of the newest member in the Tan family!


It was just 4 days after their wedding, & we hadn't hold a BBQ for the longest time. So, a BBQ it is! It's a little weird seeing another person living in the same house as I did since I was a child, but seeing their sarcastic teasing bickering can be really adorable! Plus Joanne is of the same age as me, so I'm sure we can get along very well Photobucket


Oh yes! I had my very first basic theory lesson on that day. Start of the journey~
Went to Causeway point to get a present for the birthday girl wine glasses for the family. I even brought my riesling which I don't even bear to drink myself to share with them! Learning to be more altruistic less self-centered Photobucket Here, part of my big family!








1st uncle cooked Black pepper crab Cereal prawns (my fav)! He's a cook btw













My little aunt showing off her years of experience in BBQ. She's always the one organising events handling the bits pieces of things. Although she's twins with my mum, their character are at 2 extremes. Every time we have a chalet, she'll be the one standing at the pit for hours, shouting to ask us to come down eat.



I'm laughing so hard because my cousins were all teasing me, restricting me from taking pictures cos they say I'm always so self-absorbed! Photobucket




The birthday girl, Joannne! Still very skinny... but her pregnancy is very very smooth. Touching her tummy gives me a very touched feeling!




 







Good news! 
My mum is finally able to be discharged tml! It's a good day cos it's Saturday, all my aunts would be coming back. They were all looking forward to her discharge, encouraging her saying, "When you come back we can play poker together already!" & funny things like that. My 3rd aunt kept reminding ah boy to put those electric fireworks to welcome her home.


Tml is the 15th. I'm going to the guanyin temple at Bugis to pray & get something to bless her.


Hallelujah!Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails